Wednesday, January 2, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Charles+Karina

Photobucket


My wedding Season 2007 ended on December 31st. I photographed a wedding until 8pm and then headed to Northvan to ring it in with friends afterwards...

As a start to 2008, one of the cool things was receiving this email from my friend Carla today. She was writing about her brother's wedding on New year's eve at Brew Creek Lodge in Whistler. What an awesome setting tucked away in the forest!

Thanks, Carla and Pius, for referring me to Karina and Charles for their wedding. They are great people and I enjoyed myself immensely (and it was great to see you both)!

Letters like this make my day...errrr, year! :-)


"thanks so much brian ... and we were also thrilled to see you "in action" on new years ... everyone was so impressed with your professionalism and energy (and practical jokes ... mostly charles ;) .. cant wait to see the pictures ... thanks again for making the day even better ... karina was very happy !!"

So, a little story, regarding the "practical jokes"...

You see, Karina, the bride, has a reputation for being serious about planning. Apparently she is the Queen of Lists and Spreadsheets. I didn't actually see ALL of them, but there were purported to be many! And, she was um... a bit anxious about everything going "as planned".

After photographing K & the Girls getting ready, I went to the lovely chapel next door to get ready to photograph the ceremony. There was Charles, at the top of the aisle with his groomsmen, his back to a crackling fire, waiting for his bride to arrive. The place was packed. And one could palpably feel the anticipation in the room. So, I walked up to Charles and apologetically told him that Karina had had an anxiety attack! And wouldn't be there for at least half an hour.

Silence. Dead Silence.

Now, he didn't know that this was wholly untrue, and that Karina was upstairs actually laughing (and crying) with her girlfriends... AND totally ready to go. :-)

Heh Heh.

Omigawd, the look on Charles' face was PRICELESS!

He looked at me as though he could believe me, but maybe, just maybe, my deadpan delivery was suspect.....

He looked very relieved when I told him the truth!

A minute later, Karina arrived, radiantly gorgeous, while my friend (and her brother-in-law) Pius played his guitar beautifully.

At the end of the night, Tammy, one of Karina's best friends and a bridesmaid, told me I really should change my motto from "Images Beyond Your Expectations" to:
"Images Beyond Your Spreadsheets".

Perfect. And I think they will be.... :-)

Happy New Year to Everyone!


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments: