Thursday, March 6, 2008

Brew Creek Lodge

When I hang out my shingle, it says: "Brian Noppe Photography - Portraits, Weddings, Fine Art.

But, I love it when I get asked to work in other genres. Yesterday, I made some images requested by Shealagh King at Brew Creek Lodge as part of an ongoing project for a new website they are creating. Most were interior photos and I enjoyed actually using my tripod and using long shutter speeds for the compositions.

One of the new things Brew Creek is now doing is yoga retreats, as well as the corporate events and the weddings that they have always done. The interior photos of the Lodge itself were done to show the flexibility and size of the space.
It's great that after an event, the guests can stay right there in a cozy retreat just south of Whistler and not have to go elsewhere to a hotel.

I didn't realize that originally, Brew Creek Lodge was BC's first micro-mill in the logging industry. The wood used to construct the Lodge was actually milled right there. It's great to see some older buildings here in BC!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments: