Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Damn good Martini!

Last night after a meeting downtown, I swung by the Copper Chimney for a bite to eat and to wind down after a long day. It had been recommended by friends and has a cozy art deco style.

It's on Hornby Street, and part of the sumptuous Hotel Le Soleil.
I've walked through the hotel lobby in the past and thought I'd love to stay there one day. There is Italian Marble, Louis Seize furniture... you feel like you've walked into another era! With a 4 and a half star rating, you know the service will be impeccable.

Now, usually I'd drink red wine or a stout beer, if I'm drinking anything with my dinner. This time, I asked the bartender, Wanita, what she recommended. She told me about a Martini she'd made up called a Blue Sky. In true great bartender fashion, she was courteous with a ready smile while she shook it up. We had an engaging conversation (I think she also manages the restaurant along with her husband and we talked about that) while I sipped.

Oh, ya. Loved it! Unique. Mysterious. Refreshing. I had some Calamari with the Martini and it was perfectly done. Nice crisp batter and tenderly tasty. Looks like the menu is an Indian Fusion and if my appetizer was any indication, the food will be great. I'm going to bring Regina there soon for dinner... and drinks!

You'll have to go there yourself to find out the ingredients of a "Blue Sky" and maybe write your own review.... but this is what it looks like ;-D

Photobucket

2 comments:

Ada said...

FYI. We stayed here before. We stayed on Riyaz's birthday just before Yazmin was borned. It's a beautiful and romantic place.

mmmm...the martini looks good. We were thinking of a blue signature drink for our wedding...maybe we should go and try it out. :)

KIRUTHIVASAN said...

Great post on "A Damn good Martini!". I have to appreciate your post & content flow. I found this post will be very useful for readers. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Get in touch with us via our websites vegetarian restaurant | sweet shop