Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lissa and Alex Family portrait

Lissa, Alex, Isaac and Eli!

lissa and alex,jericho beach,vancouver,vancouver portrait photography,vancouver family photography,children photography vancouver

Several years ago I photographed a wonderful young couple at their wedding in beautiful Sooke, on the south coast of Vancouver Island. Lissa and Alex live in Denver, Colorado. Fast forward to 2009; they were coming out to Vancouver to visit. Lissa emailed me and asked if I could make a family portrait for themwhile they were here. Of course, I'd be honoured to. It would be just awesome to see them again to catch up and meet their two boys!

I would encourage any family to have their photographer do a professional portrait session sometime (like now!). Being able to have the images archived in a book or on your wall can really make you feel good about yourself and your family. And when you share with your friends and family, they'll love it too! Photography and Art will last forever, if the proper care is taken.

I find that the photographic images resulting from every shoot I do are quite different. There is an evolution and a synergy unique to the session. The people themselves, their feelings & reactions. The light; the amount, colour and quality... and maybe it changes or shifts. Expressions. The emotional backdrop/foreground of setting and atmosphere. And overall the ideas that come from the area and all the people involved. There is a budding relationship between the photographer and the subjects. On top of all these variables, I get a feeling for the sensibilities of the people I'm shooting with and this greatly influences the substantial post-production work... the overall feel and look of the images.

As a wedding photographer, I take great joy in being allowed the kind of access that usually only close friends and family would get at weddings. For example, I often hang out with the brides and grooms while they are getting ready; we have fun with it and get to know each other a bit better. As the day goes on, there are events, speeches... I learn and see more about the relationships between them, with their parents, family and friends. It is a bonding experience as you go through the day together. For the most part, because it is such an intimate experience, I will never forget the brides and grooms I work with... even though I have already been blessed with a long and successful career.

Lissa and Alex warmed my heart with their gracious hospitality at their gorgeous wedding so many years ago! And to hear from them again and know that they are raising a family, really is a sweet feeling. We spent about an hour and a half at Jericho Beach and made some images together.

Luckily, we all had the time after the portrait session to hang out over dinner so that our small families could meet. I was a bachelor at their wedding and had no idea I would be blessed with a beautiful wife and daughter later myself!

Lissa and Alex, I know our paths will cross again... either here, or elsewhere in the world. It feels great to know that in a small way I have been part of your life and that my work is being displayed, big and beautiful, as Art prints on your walls. Thank you so much for entrusting me with your family memories; I look forward to seeing you again!

Vancouver family portrait10

lissa and alex,jericho beach,vancouver,vancouver portrait photography,vancouver family photography,children photography vancouver

lissa and alex,jericho beach,vancouver,vancouver portrait photography,vancouver family photography,children photography vancouver

Vancouver family portrait02

Vancouver family portrait06

Vancouver family portrait05

Vancouver family portrait04

Vancouver family portrait03

Vancouver family portrait01

Vancouver family portrait09

3 comments:

photographer Birmingham said...

such a nice photographs..

wedding photographer in Dorset said...

Isaac and Eli! both are looks so beautiful in first one photograph... Nice Photography..

Los Angeles Wedding Planner said...

Nice Photography..